IndieCade Oasis in Second Life
Daily, Sunday October 18-Thursday, October 22
Visit the IndieCade Oasis in Second Life for a range of activities including flash jams, virtual larps and escape rooms, hang gliding and airship flying, or just socialize in one of our many hang zones, including the Myst-inspired Mysterious Woods, a carnival, pirate ship, playground, and more.
Descriptions and instructions below… if you aren’t familiar with Second Life, it takes a few minutes, but once you are in ….
Visit the IndieCade Arcade, with working cabinets, skeeball, airhocky, and the IndieCrane Machine, with real prizes!
Come watch the IndieCade Twitch Stream at our mountaintop theater!
Looking to play some games with friends? Stop by our board game hut, play trivia games at our bonfire, or retire to the rec room cabin for a game of pool, darts, or shuffleboard
Visit The Cabin, a spooky escape room presented by Second Life’s MadPea one sec for the rest
All this and more at the the IndieCade Oasis!
IndieCade Oasis Map
How to Visit the IndieCade Oasis in Second Life
– If you don’t already have a free Second Life account, and are over 18 years of age, follow the steps outlined in this video.
– If you already have an account and don’t have the viewer installed, download the latest viewer here. The viewer is available for both Mac and Windows PC.* If you lost your username or password, you can reclaim or reset them here.
– Once you’ve launched the Second Life viewer, click this link in a browser or enter it into the location field in the viewer:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/IndieCade%20Oasis/123/13/13, which will take you to the landing point.
– Before entering IndieCade Oasis in Second Life from the landing point, you’ll be asked to agree to IndieCade’s Code of Conduct.
*Technical Note for Windows Users
If you have a Windows PC and Second Life doesn’t launch or crashes upon launch, try right clicking on the application icon and selecting a different graphics card. If you have a gaming system, there may be two graphics cards, the onboard Intel chip, and a second-party card like an Nvidia or AMD card.
Join us for an opening party and play date in the virtual world Second Life, provided by its creators Linden Lab. Dust off your old avatar, or make a new one, play, dance, fly around in an airship or hang glider, hang out in a treehouse, make up new games in our sandbox, and enjoy live music from Santa Monica City College’s David Javelosa.
* 7pm-8pm Pacific: Pre-party – Avatar Creation & Warm-Up for new and returning players
* 8pm-11pm Pacific: Opening Party – Playtime & Concert with David Javelosa.